Friday, November 7, 2008

With deepest apologies ... Draw!

Hi, girls. I cannot believe it has been so long since I've posted. I have had so much to write, too...
Soon, I'll have to post a recap to catch everyone up on where we are with "Redeeming Love" and our study of Hosea.

Until that post, though, I want to leave you with some encouragement, and a little preview of Monday night's lesson. Think about this: We are the good guys, and the good guys will win.
When did we stop believing that? I was listening to Glen Beck last night, and he sort of mentioned this in passing (in reference to America), and it really got me thinking.
Our country has a long tradition of faith that good prevails. It's that beautiful idealism that has kept many a soldier from shaking, many a Civil Rights hero marching, and many a mom from worrying herself to sleep at night. But somewhere down the road, we became less and less convinced of it.
And the Gospel promises us that evil will not stand. We are promised that God is victorious, and that by extension, we are too. There is nothing in your life that God is not aware of. There is no attack that He cannot withstand. There is no slap to your face that He Himself does not feel.
Take courage, girls. You're wearing the White Hat in this Western movie. You've got the Six-Shooter of the Spirit (the word Sword didn't seem appropriate in this analogy!).
And the good guys always win.

1 comment:

SAFAHL said...

I liked your interests and want to contact yu