Monday, August 18, 2008

Your place at our table

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Yada Yada Coffee Stains welcomes you!

Here, we reflect on what we're learning together from the Lord.
We are His children, lovers of coffee and good conversation, yearning for holiness and mercy. Together, we will endeavor to know Him better, through Bible study, fellowship and prayer.

This blog is called From the Table. Why, you ask? Because the conversations here all stem from shared coffee and truth and questions at my dinner table. Because the Lord asks us to join Him at His table. Because Psalms tells us He prepares a table for us before our enemies and offers us peace. Because Job tells us He draws us to His table to feast on His blessings. Because Luke tells us we will eat with Him at His table in His kingdom. Because Matthew reminds us that offerings from alabaster jars are poured out before the Lord at His table.


Thank you, thank you, for joining us on this journey. For walking in Grace with us. For taking a place at the table.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tip my coffee mug to you, my sister, for being so freaky cool!! Robyn

Kelly R. said...

TAMARA!!!!

That photo is AWESOME!! Did you take it? I'm so excited!!! This is going to be so cool. I am in love with the Yada Yada coffe stains and miss you all so much already. Can't wait to hear what you discussed tonight

Tamara said...

Thanks, Robyn! I'm stoked about this. I think this is going to work out sooo well.


Thanks, Kelly! I did take that photo. Actually, I took it about 3 minutes before everyone arrived last night. I had almost zero time to edit; I had to pray the lighting was right!
I'm hoping that by connecting this way, it'll be like you're still around. (And, of course, people still said "Flossy Flossy" last night just to mess with you.)

Kelly R. said...

That's fine...I have truth in my heart...FLOUSEY FLOUSEY!!!

erinss01 said...

This is so exciting. I went to bed last night, well attempted to anyways, with so much on the brain. I have enjoyed the first part of our history listen. Love to all and to all a blessed day. Erin

erinss01 said...

That was supposed to say lesson, not listen. I am so tired and running on 3 hours of sleep today. Sorry for the mis-spell.