Thursday, February 12, 2009

The state of being

Greetings, dear sisters.
I am so excited for tonight's study.
We've been plowing through Hosea, full of history and information.
Tonight, we take a breath. We are looking at just three verses. (The text of tonight's study will be up a bit later.)

But I wanted to encourage you to think about something that I've been challenged with.
What is the relationship between holiness and grace?

I was skimming through Stephen Charnock's "The Existence and Attributes of God" last night, and I came across this quote that stopped me in my tracks. I haven't been able to get it out of my head, and I knew I needed to share it with you.
Tonight's study will answer my previous question, but this quote is like a little lamp on the path of my journey toward understanding that relationship between holiness and divine grace:

“A love of holiness cannot be without a hatred of everything that is contrary to it.”


Think about it. Talk about it. Post about it.

Love you all,
T

No comments: